It’s Very Simple!
Our goal: Donate $10,000+ to a local charity in 1 hour.
How do we do it? Members/teams donate $100 a piece to a local non-profit/charity/worthy cause chosen by a ballot vote. 100+ members donating $100 each totaling $10,000+ to a local charity.
So, what are the details?
- Individual members/teams bring a $100 check to each meeting to donate to the selected local charity. ($400 per year, just over $1 a day). Individuals may choose to form a team of two or four women and divide the $400 annual commitment among team members.
- For those unable to attend any given meeting during the year, checks may be given to a member to vote and deliver on that member’s behalf, or members may place the check in the mail within 3 business days following the meeting.
- All donations will be given to charities or causes serving Dane County. No national charities will be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of the contribution to stay in Dane County.
- Members may nominate their favorite local charity and may nominate as many as they wish. Eligible charities/causes must have 501(c)(3) status. Once eligibility is determined by the 100+ Women Who Care Board of Directors, charities are then placed on a ballot and members vote for three charities or causes to present at the following meeting.
- A representative from each of the three charities is invited to make a 5 minute presentation at the meeting. A brief question and answer period will follow.
- By ballot, members will then vote individually for one of the three charities to receive the collective donation. The majority rules. All members must donate to the cause voted in. Some people may wish to bring more than one check to each meeting and donate to all of the causes that are presented!
- The selected charity must agree NOT to use the names of our members for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public. If the charity does not adhere to this condition, they will be removed from any future consideration.
- Two years after being selected for the group’s collective donation, members may re-submit this charity for consideration.
- The two remaining charities that are not selected are eligible to be selected to present again at future meetings.
Please feel free to attend any meeting as a guest. If, while you’re at the meeting, you’d like to donate to the selected charity please feel welcome to do so. We will also have member registration forms available for anyone wishing to join us.
Please see 100+ Women Bylaws for a more detailed list of rules governing our organization.